- Occlusal splints
- Bite splints
- Bleaching splints & templates
- Surgical guides
- Functional impression trays and impression trays
- Lost moulds for casting in dental prosthetics
Contraindication: Hypersensitivity to one of the components
CORiTEC splint basic is made of thermoelastic polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) without fillers and peroxide.
|Bending modulus||3000 MPa|
|Bending strength||>150 MPa|
|Vickers hardness||23,2 +/- 0,3 HV 0,2|
|Glass transition||121 °C|
|Water uptake||< 32 µg/mm3|
|Water solubility||< 1,6 µg/mm3|
|Chemical Composition||Polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) with < 1 % residual monomer (MMA)|
- CORiTEC splint basic can be machined with the common milling strategies for PMMA and thermoplastics. Please use burs suitable for PMMA and thermoplastics. Contact the manufacturer of your milling machine/software, if there are any questions.
- In dry processing in the milling machine, care must be taken that milling chips are extracted properly.
- Excessive feed rate or speed may cause excessive heat transfer to the material. If the temperature exceeds the glass transition temperature, the milling tools and the material surface could smear. This does not occur with common PMMA milling strategies and burs suitable for PMMA and thermoplastics.
- Minimum wall thickness after polishing: 1 mm
- For separating restorations from the blank and for rework of the restorations use cross-cut carbide burs suitable for resin only.
- Avoid excessive heat development during trimming and polishing. This prevents inaccurate fitting.
Constructions made from CORiTEC splint basic can be restored and supplemented at any time with all standard MMA-based cold-curing polymers. Prior conditioning curing of the surface is necessary, preferably with acrylate-based bonding agent.
- Processing PMMA frameworks may generate dust which can lead to irritation of the eyes and airways. Therefore, always ensure that the extraction system on your milling machine and at the workplace is working properly and that you are using personal protective equipment.
- Please also note the instructions for use.