- Occlusal splints
- Bite splints
- Bleaching splints & templates
- Surgical guides
- Functional impression trays and impression trays
- Lost moulds for casting in dental prosthetics
Contraindication: Hypersensitivity to one of the components
CORiTEC splint basic is made of thermoelastic polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) without fillers and peroxide.
|Bending modulus||3000 MPa|
|Bending strength||>150 MPa|
|Vickers hardness||23,2 +/- 0,3 HV 0,2|
|Glass transition||121 °C|
|Water uptake||< 32 µg/mm3|
|Water solubility||< 1,6 µg/mm3|
|Chemical Composition||Polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) with < 1 % residual monomer (MMA)|
- CORiTEC splint basic can be machined with conventional milling strategies for PMMA and thermoplastics. Please use burs suitable for PMMA and thermoplastics. Contact the manufacturer of your milling machine/software, if you have any questions.
- When dry machining CORiTEC splint basic, make sure to use a suitable extraction system that effectively removes the milling chips.
- If the feed rate or speed is too high, heat may be transferred to the material. If the temperature exceeds the glass transition point of 121 °C, smearing may occur on the milling tools and material surface. This can be avoided by using conventional PMMA milling strategies and burs suitable for PMMA and thermoplastics.
- Minimum wall thickness after polishing: 1 mm
- For separating restorations from the blank and for rework of the restorations use cross-cut carbide burs suitable for resin only.
- Avoid excessive heat development during trimming and polishing to ensure of optimum shape and fitting accuracy.
Constructions made from CORiTEC splint basic can be restored and enhanced at any time with all standard MMA-based cold-curing polymers. The surface must first be conditioned, preferably with an acrylate-based bonding agent.
- Processing PMMA frameworks may generate dust which can lead to irritation of the eyes and airways. Therefore, always ensure that the extraction system on your milling machine and at the workplace is working properly and that you are using personal protective equipment.
- Please also observe the instructions for use.